Help Desk Specialist
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The encryption software market is expected to reach $2.16 billion by 2020 – and the competition for it is fierce. This is the fast growth and competitive marketing space that Echoworx operates in and it’s no passing fad. We are an 18-year-old SaaS developer and recognized leader of encryption solutions for a range of markets – think Public Sector, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Legal.
We are currently looking for a Help Desk Specialist to join our IT department to provide IT support for both internal and external users. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to broaden your technical expertise by gaining valuable exposure and experience to different areas within IT. You will be responsible for resolving hardware and service problems for internal staff; and assist with providing end user and partner support with our Echoworx Cloud Offering. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills.
- Support end-users with IT-related problems and Echoworx Cloud Offering
- Set-up, management, and maintenance of IT equipment
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Troubleshooting system and network problems, and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Setting up new user accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with end-users and internal team members
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Provide input and recommendations to the organization regarding IT technology and processes
- Completed a post-secondary degree or diploma program in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to organize and work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task between different activities and teams
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Office 365
- Exchange and SharePoint
- Network and Firewall
Preferred Technical Skills
- Database: MySQL, MSSQL
- VMware ESXi
- Cisco Switches
- Centos OS
- Apache, WordPress
What's in it for you?
We are a hard-working, enthusiastic team, with a passion and unflinching focus on encryption. Our office is centrally located in Toronto (with Subway, and GO Bus Hub in the building) and only seconds from the 401. We have regular social events and our work environment is productive, yet relaxed and social.
- Ability to make an immediate and lasting impact
- Work in a safe, secure, and positive work environment
- Work with a talented team of innovative and creative players
Since 2000, Echoworx has been helping to protect important data by providing organizations with a path to secure communications. Making our solution distinctive – its ability to address multiple uses across an organization. We are proud to have clients in 30 countries using the Echoworx encryption platform, and to have more than 5,000 enterprise-level business, public sector and institutional clients serviced through our offices in Canada, the U.S., and the U.K. Formore information visit,www.echoworx.com
Echoworx is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.