IT Systems Administrator
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The encryption software market is expected to reach $2.16 billion by 2020 – and the competition for it is fierce. This is the fast growth and competitive marketing space that Echoworx operates in and it’s no passing fad. We are an 19-year-old SaaS developer and recognized leader of encryption solutions for a range of markets – think… Public Sector, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Legal.
We are currently looking for an IT Systems Administrator to assist in the management of Echoworx’s software, hardware and network environments. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. In addition, you will install and configure both operating systems and applications.
- Setup, manage, and maintain IT-related equipment.
- Assist with the troubleshooting, installation, and implementation of Echoworx products.
- Support end-users with IT-related issues.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems and diagnose and solve hardware or software faults.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and resolve password issues.
- Prioritize and manage open support cases at one time.
- Establish a good rapport with end-users and other team members.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Provide input and recommendations to the organization with regards to IT technology and process.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems as required.
- 6+ years of work experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational skills and able to work independently.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to multi-task between different activities and teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Window and Linux Operating
- Office 365
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Exchange 2013/2016
- Network and Firewall
Preferred Technical Skills
- Database: Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Oracle
- VMware ESXi
- Cisco and D-Link Switches
- Centos OS
- RT, JIRA, GIT
- Postfix, IMAP, POP3
- Apache, WordPress, PHP
- Microsoft Azure
What’s in it for you?
We are a hard-working, enthusiastic team, with a passion and unflinching focus on encryption. Our office is centrally located in Toronto (with Subway, and GO Bus Hub in the building) and only seconds from the 401. We have regular social events and our work environment is productive, yet relaxed and social.
- Ability to make an immediate and lasting impact
- Work in a safe, secure, and positive work environment
- Work with a talented team of innovative and creative players
Echoworx is a trusted path to secure communications. As a pure-play encryption solutions provider, Echoworx works with finance, government, healthcare, legal, and compliance professionals to tailor secure communication solutions that don’t impede on customer experience. Our scalable encryption platform, OneWorld, can address multiple uses across an organization. Our encryption experts take pride in transforming chaos into order for leading multi-national enterprises using our SaaS encryption platform.
Echoworx is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.