Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The world of IT is fast-paced, competitive and changing everyday – certainly not a passing fad. This is the space Echoworx operates in – a space set to exceed $124B in 2019 alone. Our team moves at breakneck speed and we need your help!
Echoworx is a top SaaS developer and a recognized leader for encryption solutions in a wide range of highly-regulated sectors – from government to financial services to healthcare to manufacturing to legal.
We are currently looking for a Product Owner to join our Product Management team. The Product Owner will be responsible for defining, prioritizing, and evaluating the backlog of work for the scrum teams.
- Work closely with the Development team to craft and estimate actionable tasks and user stories
- Work closely with Product Management team to define and maintain a backlog of work
- Define the acceptance criteria of user stories and refine them in grooming sessions with the Development teams and various stakeholders
- Prioritize items in the backlog based on business value
- Assess work produced by the Development teams at each iteration to determine if the work done meets the acceptance criteria
- Help to mitigate any impediments that may impact the progress of the teams
- Schedule and attend regular grooming, sprint planning, and demo meetings
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Post secondary education in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Analysis or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of similar work experience in an Agile environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to interact with team members, senior support personnel, high-level personnel, and customers
- Solid writing skills with the ability to communicate with a wide group of SMEs to gather information — logical and detail oriented
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Email, networking, security experience preferred
- Project coordination or PM experience an asset
What’s in it for you?
We are a hard-working, enthusiastic team, with a passion and unflinching focus on encryption. Our office is centrally located in Toronto (with Subway, and GO Bus Hub in the building) and only seconds from the 401. We have regular social events and our work environment is productive, yet relaxed and social.
Ability to make an immediate and lasting impact
Work in a safe, secure, and positive work environment
Work with a talented team of innovative and creative players
Echoworx is a trusted path to secure communications. As a pure-play encryption solutions provider, Echoworx works with finance, government, healthcare, legal, and compliance professionals to tailor secure communication solutions that don’t impede on customer experience. Our scalable encryption platform, OneWorld, can address multiple uses across an organization. Our encryption experts take pride in transforming chaos into order for leading multi-national enterprises using our SaaS encryption platform.
Echoworx is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.