Senior QA Analyst
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The encryption software market is expected to reach [.16 billion by 2020 – and the competition for it is fierce. This is the fast growth and competitive marketing space that Echoworx operates in and it’s no passing fad. We are an 18-year-old SaaS developer and recognized leader of encryption solutions for a range of markets – think Public Sector, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Legal.
We have a small team of passionate developers and QA analysts who are constantly learning and always striving to develop the best product we can. We are looking for a Senior QA Analyst who can thrive in a fast-paced environment, and who is highly motivated and proactively takes ownership of tasks always seeing them through to completion.
- Develop and conduct “hands on” functional, acceptance, regression and performance testing of new product releases
- Create, maintain, and execute test plans and test cases for product features and customer use case scenarios
- Develop and execute automated acceptance tests
- Identify and log defects, and work closely with the Development and Operations teams to investigate, troubleshoot, and verify defect fixes
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of the QA test environments
- Review product requirements and designs with testability and usability in mind
- Review product release documentation
- Collaborate with software developers and other QA team members to ensure the deliverables meet requirements and test coverage is complete
- Analyze QA processes and make recommendations for improvements
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related experience
- 4+ years ‘hands on’ experience developing test cases for functional, performance, and regression testing including experience with exploratory and ad-hoc manual test approaches
- Experience with test automation / performance test tools (Selenium, JUNIT, etc.), and programming or scripting (Java, Python, Shell scripts, etc.)
- Expert understanding of QA methodologies and the software development lifecycle
- Experience finding security vulnerabilities in web applications
- Proficient working in Windows and Linux environments
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL, and LDAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with deploying web services such as Apache Tomcat on Linux
Nice to haves
- Experience with email transport infrastructure (email clients, SMTP, Exchange)
- Experience with PKI and security applications
- Experience with Mac OS and mobile devices (iOS and Android)
What’s in it for you?
We are a hard-working, enthusiastic team, with a passion and unflinching focus on encryption. Our office is centrally located in Toronto (with Subway, and GO Bus Hub in the building) and only seconds from the 401. We have regular social events and our work environment is productive, yet relaxed and social.
- Ability to make an immediate and lasting impact
- Work in a safe, secure, and positive work environment
- Work with a talented team of innovative and creative players
Echoworx brings simplicity and scalability to encryption. OneWorld, our flagship solution, is the first encryption platform that makes secure messaging easy and cost effective – designed to adapt to any environment and all forms of encryption. Our passionate encryption experts transform chaos into order for world leading enterprises and OEM providers who understand the requirement for secure communication is of the upmost importance. We are proud to have clients in 30 countries using the Echoworx encryption platform, and to have more than 5,000 enterprise-level business, public sector and institutional clients serviced through our offices in Canada, the U.S., and the U.K. For more information, please visit echoworx.com.
Echoworx is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.