Technical Operations Systems Administrator
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The world of IT is fast-paced, competitive and changing everyday – certainly not a passing fad. This is the space Echoworx operates in – a space set to exceed $124B in 2019 alone. Our team moves at breakneck speed and we need your help!
Echoworx is a top SaaS developer and a recognized leader for encryption solutions in a wide range of highly-regulated sectors – from government to financial services to healthcare to manufacturing to legal.
We are seeking a Technical Operations Systems Administrator to introduce tools, systems, workflows and processes. In this role, you will be responsible to ensure that Echoworx’s technology infrastructure runs smoothly with powerful technologies, using reliable solutions.
- Implement infrastructure and application monitoring
- Analyze and optimize configurations to maximize performance and efficiency
- Troubleshoot internal and production technical operations issues and provide technical support
- Ensure smooth and efficient running of infrastructure and tools responsible for the operation of production environments
- Educate team members to follow certain processes and usage of specific tools.
- Contribute during project and support process planning
- Participate in occasional on-call support for after-hours support coverage
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of System Administration experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- Experience working on and supporting highly available 24×7 SaaS application and production systems
- Hands on expertise in areas of systems administration, software deployment, and monitoring
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to interact with team members
- An efficient problem solver who enjoys taking ownership, showing initiative and seeing problems through to resolution
- Red Hat Certified Engineer or equivalent hands-on experience
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Google, or Azure cloud solutions
- Hands-on experience with the following sets of tools:
- Linux, Tomcat
- Ansible, Git
- VMware Virtualization
- Shell scripting, Python
- Nagios, PagerDuty, Log monitoring
What’s in it for you?
We are a hard-working, enthusiastic team, with a passion and unflinching focus on encryption. Our office is centrally located in Toronto (with Subway, and GO Bus Hub in the building) and only seconds from the 401. We have regular social events and our work environment is productive, yet relaxed and social.
- Ability to make an immediate and lasting impact
- Work in a safe, secure, and positive work environment
- Work with a talented team of innovative and creative players
Echoworx is a trusted path to secure communications. As a pure-play encryption solutions provider, Echoworx works with finance, government, healthcare, legal, and compliance professionals to tailor secure communication solutions that don’t impede on customer experience. Our scalable encryption platform, OneWorld, can address multiple uses across an organization. Our encryption experts take pride in transforming chaos into order for leading multi-national enterprises using our SaaS encryption platform.
Echoworx is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.