IT System Administrator
As a recognized industry leader in email encryption, Echoworx protects the privacy of people and businesses throughout the world by making email data protection easier. Our scalable, easy to use, and configurable cloud security and email encryption solutions, have been adopted by firms of all sizes in more than 30 countries.
We are currently looking for a System Administrator to assist in the management of Echoworx’s software, hardware and network environments. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. In addition, you will install and configure both operating systems and applications.
- Setup, manage, and maintain IT-related equipment
- Assist with installation, implementation and troubleshooting of software and operating systems
- Support end-users with IT-related issues
- Install and configure computer hardware and servers
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Troubleshoot system and network problems and diagnose and solve hardware or software faults
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Prioritize and manage support multiple cases at a time
- Establish a good rapport with end-users and other team members.
- Provide input and recommendations to the organization with regards to IT technology and process
- Provide 24×7 support for critical systems, as required
- 3+ years of work experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related program
- Strong organizational skills and able to work both independently and with a team
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to multi-task between different activities and teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Window and Linux Operating System Administration
- Office 365 Configuration and Administration
- Network and Firewall Administration
Preferred Technical Skills
- Database: MySQL & Oracle
- VMware ESXi and related technologies
- Ticketing Systems Administration
- SMTP technologies (Postfix, IMAP, POP3)
- Website based technologies (Apache, WordPress, PHP, etc.)
- Microsoft SharePoint & Exchange
What’s in it for you?
We are a hard-working, enthusiastic team, with a passion and unflinching focus on encryption. Our office is centrally located in Toronto (with Subway, and GO Bus Hub in the building) and only seconds from the 401. We have regular social events and our work environment is productive, yet relaxed and social.
- Ability to make an immediate and lasting impact
- Work in a safe, secure, and positive work environment
- Work with a talented team of innovative and creative players