Protecting your privacy is important to Echoworx. This Policy explains how Echoworx collects, uses, and discloses the personal information you may provide while using the Echoworx Web site and the services provided on or through the Web site (collectively, the “Web Site”).
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
- Non-Identifiable Information – Like many other Web sites, the Web Site automatically collects certain non-identifiable information regarding Web Site users, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the Web Site, the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to the Web Site, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Web Site you visit, the Web Site pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from the Web Site. Echoworx uses this non-identifiable information for Web Site and system administration purposes and to improve the Web Site. Echoworx may disclose the non-identifiable information to others and permanently archive it for future use.
- Cookies – The Web Site uses “cookies”, a technology that installs information on a Web Site user’s computer to permit the Web Site to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Web Site. For example, Echoworx uses the information provided through cookies to recognize you as a previous user of the Web Site (so you do not have to enter your personal information every time), offer personalized Web page content and information for your use, track your activity at the Web Site to respond to your needs, and otherwise facilitate your Web Site experience. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your ability to use certain features of the Web Site.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED BY ECHOWORX
- Personal Information Provided By You – During your use of the Web Site, you may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number. It is always your choice whether or not to provide personal information. If you choose not to provide requested personal information, however, you may not be able to use certain features. Echoworx may also keep a record of all correspondence with you.
- Personal Information Collected From Third Parties – Echoworx may collect certain personal information about you from external sources, including personal references, to the extent permitted by law. Echoworx will use and disclose your personal information collected from such external sources in accordance with this Policy, as amended from time to time.
- Echoworx’s Use of Your Personal Information – Echoworx may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, to respond to your inquiries, to determine whether to grant access to certain special features of the Web Site, to comply with legal requirements. Echoworx may develop a member profile for you. Echoworx may also send to you, from time to time, email or other communications containing information about Echoworx, and other matters (including third-party products or services) Echoworx believes will interest you. At any time you may ask Echoworx to stop sending you email and other information by contacting our Privacy Manager. Also, each unsolicited email Echoworx sends to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited email. From time to time Echoworx may also send you email containing important information regarding the Web Site. You may not opt out of receiving such email.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information – Echoworx may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Disclosure to Service Providers – In order to provide the Web Site, Echoworx must disclose some of your personal information to certain service providers including technical service providers. Before personal information is disclosed to a service provider, the service provider will agree with Echoworx to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. A list of Echoworx’s service providers to whom personal information may be disclosed, as amended from time to time, may be found by clicking here. If you do not wish Echoworx to provide your personal information to those service providers, you may not use the Web Site.
- Disclosure in Business Transfers – Echoworx may be involved in the sale, transfer or reorganization of some or all of its business at some time in the future. As part of that sale, transfer or reorganization, Echoworx may disclose your personal information to the acquiring organization, but will require the acquiring organization to agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. If at any time you do not wish Echoworx to disclose your personal information as part of the sale or transfer of some or all of Echoworx’s business, please notify our Privacy Manager.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure – Echoworx may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where Echoworx has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information. Echoworx may also disclose your personal information in order to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, to Echoworx’s legal counsel, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- Location of Information – Echoworx will store and process your personal information in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Securing Your Information – To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, Echoworx employs security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Nevertheless, due to the nature of the Internet and Internet technologies, security and privacy risks cannot be eliminated and Echoworx cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy.
- Accessing Your Personal Information – You may request access to your personal information and information about Echoworx’s collection, use and disclosure of that information by contacting our Privacy Manager. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. You can help Echoworx maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying Echoworx of any changes to your personal information.
- Other Web sites – The Web Site may contain links to other Web sites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another Web site or Internet resource. Echoworx has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other Web sites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Web Site Use Agreement – The Web Site Use Agreement governing your use of the Web Site (which may be viewed by clicking here), contain important provisions, including provisions disclaiming, limiting or excluding Echoworx’s liability for your use of the Web Site and provisions determining the applicable law and exclusive jurisdiction for the resolution of any disputes regarding your use of the Web Site. Each of those provisions applies to any disputes that may arise in relation to this Policy and Echoworx’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, and are of the same force and effect as if they had been reproduced directly in this Policy.
- Former Users – If you cease using the Web Site or your permission to use the Web Site is terminated by Echoworx, Echoworx will continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time.
- Your Comments – If you have any comments or questions about this Policy or your personal information, please contact our Privacy Manager.