Understanding the Financial and Business Benefits of Encryption
The need for encryption enterprise-wide has grown significantly across all industries.
Yet most you think of encryption as costly, difficult, and a constraint on their business productivity. And by focusing on cost, organizations typically implement the bare minimum encryption required, sacrificing user experience and business productivity. It’s time to change this mindset. We can’t just think of encryption as a compliance exercise. Encryption can be a profit center.
This video highlights the key thoughts, findings and takeaways of a recent Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) study conducted by Forrester Consulting. This study, commissioned by Echoworx, takes a deep dive into understanding the full return on investment (ROI) when implementing our OneWorld encryption platform in a typical enterprise-level organization.
- An ROI of 155 per cent can be expected for a typical enterprise-level organization which implements Echoworx’s OneWorld encryption solution – accounting for upwards of $2.7M in cost-mitigating benefits.
- The costs of maintaining legacy on-premise encryption solutions can be drastically reduced by implementing the Echoworx OneWorld encryption platform. OneWorld’s Software as a Service (SaaS) characteristics are what make it possible to mitigate these costs – with expected three-year period savings of about $795K for a typical enterprise-level organization.
- Tech support or call centre queries can amount for a large chunk of an organizational budget for encrypted-related issues– a cost which can be mitigated by 80 per cent, or about $795K over three years for a typical enterprise-level organization, by implementing Echoworx’s OneWorld encryption solution.
- Since the Echoworx OneWorld encryption platform can support multiple brands and languages, there is no longer a need to employ custom third-party domain services. The cost-mitigating affects of this can rise to the tune of $67K over a three-year period for a typical enterprise-level organization.
- A payback period of about seven months is what a typical enterprise-level organization can expect after implementation of Echoworx’s OneWorld encryption platform.